Was super excited about the weekend trip to Yangon back in September, so I thought what’s the most useful tip I can provide for fellow Singaporean travellers? – Visa application!
I was very intrigued by how the system works, but since then, things have changed!
If you are Singaporean, please get an electronic tourist visa instead!
More information can be found on this link: http://myanmarembassy.sg/downloads/visa/eVisa_information.pdf
The e-visa application link can be found here: http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/NewApplication.aspx#
First you do an online appointment reservation for visa application. There’s a set of form for you to print out and fill in, so please do that before you go to the embassy. Bring along the appointment letter too.
Next, you visit the embassy. The Myanmar embassy is such a mysterious place (15 St. Martin’s Drive). Please note that there’s no photography or videography allowed in the premises.
Since you have an online appointment, you can queue up straight away inside the biggest room (turn right after coming in from the entrance, see a door and open into a room full of counters with clear glass windows) for submission and payment. I went around 10am and it was pretty quick.
Once the embassy staff has checked and confirmed your submission as complete, you may leave and return around 430pm in the same day (most Singaporeans are rather anxious so expect to see a long queue formed) to collect the visa. Just for information, you will have to leave your passport with them for the time being.
The VISA fees stated on the website is 35sgd, but do note that there’s a 10sgd handling fee, so it’s 45sgd in all.
There are two types of tourist visas: Foreign Independent Travellers (F.I.T) and Package Tour Groups. Tourists visas are valid for three months from the day of issuance. Mine was a single entry visa.
The period of stay in Myanmar is restricted to four weeks from date of arrival. Tourists may only stay in hotels and guesthouses during their visit in Myanmar.
List of documents required for tourist visa:
- One copy of duly filled Entry Tourist Visa application form. Every set of application form has to be duly signed by the applicant.
- Applicant’s Name Card/ Business Card, a photocopy of a page of passport with the applicant’s photo shown. Note: If you do not have a name card, please bring along your employment letter or employment pass.
- A photocopy of IC/ PR/ EP/ Student Pass/ White Card( Both sides). Birth Certificate is required if the applicant is under 15 years old.
- TWO recent photos of 1 ½ x 2 inches with white colour background (Scanned photos are not allowed & photo must be taken within the recent 6 months)
- Valid passport (at least 6 months validity)
- The visa officer reserves the right to request additional documents or interview as necessary. Those who use any false statements will be refused an entry visa.
- For more information, please visit http://www.mesingapore.org.sg/visa.html
If you like what you see, talk to me on facebook.com/joojourneys